Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lockout



     Lockout was what I call a "fun" movie. It doesn't have a particularly grand overall story arc, but it's just fun to watch (mostly due to the witty humor, good comebacks, and cool action sequences).
    
     There weren't any plot holes, as far as I could tell, but there were definitely some ideas that weren't fully developed. I thought they would go more in depth about the two inmate brothers' back stories, as well as the main character's: but they didn't. And you never really got to learn what the prisoner's demands were going to be.
    
     What I do like about this movie is the character "Snow". With his calm demeanor, quick thinking, and snappy remarks; he's an easily likable character. The humor he added to the movie was perfect. Without that comic relief, I feel like the movie would have been a lot darker.
    
     The crazy guy turned out to be a pretty good antagonist, but the part where he's defeated was somewhat anticlimactic. However, the part where they had to escape from the prison before it blew up added to the climax.  Oh, and I also think the actor who played the crazy guy did a spot on job.

     The twist at the end was nice; it added a greater feeling of resolution to the movie. I was somewhat unsure about the main character burning the guy's face (which marks him as a snitch, in the prison world). I thought it seemed a little cruel, but I guess he was asking for it. 
    
     The president's daughter wasn't such a bad character, but she wasn't an outstanding character either. I feel like her chemistry with the main character was only due to circumstance and tidbits of dialogue. It wasn't the worst    on-screen romance, but it wasn't a great one either.
    
   Overall, Lockout was an ok movie. I'd give it about a 6.8 on a scale of 1-10. I probably wouldn't go see it again, but it was still worth seeing it the first time (considering I had nothing else to do).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment